Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring has officially sprung!


This is Olive, my bf's roommate's new lil' bunny. Idn't she the cutest thang?

I was thinking recently about how I really feel like it's important to celebrate the changing of the seasons, and harvest times, and other important earthly cycles. Conveniently, in this exceedingly busy part of the semester, the Spring Equinox fell this past Saturday! So I resolved to have a lovely little dîner de deux avec mon petit chou in honor of the occasion.

Inspiration this time? 4 Course Vegan! Their very springy, gourmet menu for the equinox was:

Yellow Split Pea Soup with
Pea Shoot Pesto and Citrus Crème Fraîche

Roasted Beet Salad with
Micro Arugula and Hazelnut Butter

Early Spring Vegetable Pastry with
Creamed Kale and Smoked Chile Puree

Flourless Chocolate Cake with
Meyer Lemon and Cocoa Butter Tuile


Incredible, non? Well, though my intention was to have four courses too, it was a little ambitious considering the school work I was putting off to celebrate at all! So we drank ginger juleps while I made my split pea soup and whipped up a raw cheesecake. The cheesecake was my first attempt at anything of its kind, and it turned out pretty darn good, but I'm gonna save that recipe until it's a little more refined.

Now that it's finally warming up in Gainesville, I'm looking forward to a picnic. That roasted beet salad will likely make an appearance! Have any of you rung in the season with something special?

2 comments:

  1. yes! i'd love to have a picnic at the thomas center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant handle that bunny being SOOOOOOcutee!!!

    ReplyDelete