Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vegan Pandamonium Blogger Meet-Up

Last Wednesday, I was lucky enough to be able to make it over to Tampa, FL for one of my besties, Vegan Pandamonium's vegan blogger meet-up. The authors of VP, Blake Bakes, haiku tofu, Organically Me, plus some non-blogger friends and I got to nerd out over the huge vegan menu at this restaurant called Trang Viet Cuisine, compare recipes and have a generally lovely time.

Trang Viet Cuisine Steamed Buns
The steamed buns, which I ordered because I was reminded of these delicious BBQ pork buns I had at a dim sum restaurant years ago. These were very different. But very yummy all the same.

Trang Viet Cuisine Noodle Cake
My main course, the fried "noodle cake". Not really my thing, and apparently not anyone else's either. Oh well.

Trang Viet Cuisine Carrot Cake
The redeeming vegan carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! Dense as hell. Mmm

Overall, the place had a relaxing atmosphere and some rather tasty items along with some eh, meh items as well. Thanks, Sammi, for arranging such a fun little outing!

JSYK: Bianca of Vegan Crunk (a creative vegan Southern/soul food cookin' blog) is giving away some soap nuts, these funky little fruits that you can effectively wash your clothes or hair with. Check them out - I'm hoping to win so I can try 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment