Monday, May 3, 2010

Everyday Soul

Here we are at Monday once again! Somehow this week slipped by quicker than I knew. Maybe it was because I was havin' so much fun. But really, this has so far been the most therapeutic vacation. I'm so thankful to be home. Here are a few morsels of Everyday Soul for y'all, to get you going for the week:

Who's seen Fried Green Tomatoes? It's an old Southern favorite of mine. Saw it first with my grandmama, and relived it Sunday night with my own mama.

Discovered the wonder of chia seeds! Apparently, they are the richest plant source of omega-3's ever, and they help control the usual blood sugar spike that occurs with the digestion of carbohydrates. Definitely my new favorite superfood. I'm hoping to someday fulfill this new dream I have of sprouting chia seeds for consumption in a Chia Pet.

And lastly, Nerve City had hardly plugged in their guitars at this warehouse show I went to Saturday night before I knew I'd love 'em. Warming up with Mr. Sandman? Come on. "Patience As a Virtue" is where it's at.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment