Saturday, May 22, 2010

How does pasta never get old?

No matter how many pasta dishes I make, I never, ever tire of it! This one happens to be made with my current favorite GF pasta, made of nothing but brown rice, and it tastes as close to real whole wheat pasta as it could, I think. The sweet potatoes in this dish that I improvised on for lunch yesterday manage both to coat the pasta in their gooey sweetness and maintain a few chunks, adding some texture.



Roasted Sweet Potato Pasta
serves 4

2 large sweet potatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 1/2 tablespoons EV olive oil
3 cloves garlic
3 small sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 box small pasta, like penne
s&p

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Poke a few holes with a fork in each sweet potato, then roast them on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes. Just check on them to see when they're soft.

Once they've cooked through, take them out of the oven, peel them and chop them into large chunks. Boil the water for pasta while you heat the Earth Balance and oil in a pot over medium. Add the garlic and chopped rosemary to the pot. Once fragrant, plop the sweet potato chunks in, top with spinach and toss. When the pasta's done, toss that in as well. Allow the sweet potatoes to mush up into a kind of sauce, though like I said, a few chunks are ideal.

I sprinkled my plate with some mozzerella Daiya - good decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment